Car Detailing Mistakes You Must Avoid
A neat and shiny car is a sexy car. Your car loves you and you should love it back. That's why we this great art called car detailing. Since we know that you love your car and would never like to see her in a bad condition, here are some tips on what not to do when it comes to car detailing.
Car Detailing Mistakes you must avoid
1. Wax: Some people like to literally dip their cars in wax. Ask yourself what good it's going to do. Being an expert on such matters I will let you in a secret. Too much wax won't make any difference to the way your ride looks. On the contrary, you have to work twice as hard in buffing it into a shine. So be smart and use the recommended amount of wax on your car.
2. Wiping: Never ever wipe your dry dirt using a dry cloth. You will end up bruising your car's paint. All you would do is create micro scratches on the paint surface. In the long run, it would not look nice. So again we would say be smart and use other smart things to wipe your car.
3. Squeeze it on the car: Another mistake that most of the people make is applying the product directly to the car. That's not the right thing to do. Applying wax or any other polishing or cleaning agent directly on the car will leave dark spots on it. Always apply car care products using the prescribed applicator.
4. Cleaning your wheels and tires at last: We know most of us have been taught to take the top to bottom approach when cleaning a car, but remember it's the wheels and tires that are the dirtiest parts of your car. Clean them first, this will ensure that no dirt splashes on to your car afterward.
5. Choice of cleaning agent: Don't just grab your own human shampoo for your car. There is a reason why brands are making car specific cleaning agents. Use them, they are designed to protect and enhance the paint finish of your car and are mild in nature.
6. Water: If you live in an area that has hard water, then make sure that you use the products which compliment it. Otherwise, your car will have water spots everywhere. Trust us it's not a nice scene and water spots are hard to take care off.
7. Washing in the Sun: Don't wash your car in direct sunlight. We know it's really convenient and you can have a good view of things and all, but just don't do it. Here is why? Your car shampoo and other stuff will dry quickly under the sun and then it would be hard for you to manage things. So, do it in the shade and get the best results.
8. Using dirty towels: Whether you use a microfiber cloth or any other thing. Make sure that you wash them clean after work. Dirty towels have dirt particles in them, which when ignored can damage the paint in the next cleaning cycle. So remember that cleanliness is next to godliness. Same goes for your cleaning gear.